Guidelines for supported and unsupported uses of the Trade Me API
These are general guidelines only. We retain the right to approve or decline applications for API access at our discretion. See Terms and Conditions for more detail.
We'll generally support:
- A professional seller wanting to integrate Trade Me with their systems.
- A commercial platform wanting to integrate with Trade Me.
We generally won't support:
- A competing offer with Trade Me.
- Exporting or scraping Trade Me data.
- Combing or presenting Trade Me data alongside listings from other sites, or used in data mining, data aggregation systems, price comparison services, or other similar situations where listings are not used to provide an extension of the services Trade Me currently provides.
- Duplication of existing Trade Me functionality.
- Non-commercial or personal use.
- Testing or training of people or systems.
- Vague or insufficient information.