Listing ID Changes
We're updating our systems to handle 64-bit integers for listing IDs, increasing the number of possible listings from 2,147,483,647 to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807, and giving ourselves plenty of room to grow.
What this means for integrating with Trade Me
You should plan to check your apps to ensure they are compatible with 64-bit integers before the changeover happens.
- We will be making this change in production on 14/5/2019. As of this date all new listing IDs will be 64-bit values.
- Our Sandbox site was reseeded with 64-bit listing IDs in February.
- The JSON and XML responses from endpoints will not change, however listing ID values returned after the changeover will become 64-bit.
What you should do now
- Check that your systems are good to receive 64-bit listing IDs from Trade Me and if necessary plan to make any changes required to accept them.
- Plan to test your changes against Sandbox for the changeover.
If you have any questions about this change please get in touch with our Integration Helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org